Sunday, October 10, 2010

From Elder Lyon

Hey Bri,


I heard that you had a stroke. I am sure those are not the kind of scares that you would ever want and I am sorry that it happened. I am sure that after all that you have gone through it would seem as though you deserve a break. I pray that as you go through the furnace of affliction, the changes that the Lord has intended regarding your spiritual strength and character, will become increasingly clear. I read today the verse that talks about being tried and refined and later chosen from the furnace of affliction. All of these trials are designed to help you be prepared to be with God. Some thing that i learned that i have yet to be able to put clearly into words, so i hope this makes sense, is the fact that Christ suffered for all of our since. Every treatment you have been given, every side effect felt, has been felt by the Savior. He knew that you would have that trial. He knew how much you would NEED that trial. He knew it enough that HE TOO was willing to suffer through it. His concern for your eternal well-being, was great enough, that He was willing to go through all the same pains, challenges and afflictions, that you would, just so that you could come out of it a better person and just so that He could stand along side of you and comfort you. If it wasnt a necessary trial, then He would not have suffered through it. I dont think He would have added more to His load, then what was necessary.

Look and live. Recognize the miracle and i hope you feel my prayers. I love you

I love the scripture in the last chapter of 1 Peter. I cant remember the verse but it is at the top of the page and it says something like, "laying all of your cares on Him, for He careth for you"

Keep the faith


Elder BUD

No comments: