Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Father's Thoughts to His Daughter

October 10, 2010


Dear Bri,

As I’ve thought of you today and pondered numerous passages of scripture, I’ve pled with the Lord for a loving and understanding heart.

During this morning’s Fast & Testimony meeting, I recalled the counsel given to us as young missionaries in the Argentina East Mission by Elder Bruce R. McConkie in 1973. As I recall his instruction he said,

“There will be times in your life when you’ll see an obstacle, as if it were a wall, in front of you. It’s so big you know you can’t go over it, you can’t go around it, you can’t go under it, you can’t go through it. When you’re 50 yards away you might pray, ‘Lord, there’s a wall in front of me. Please remove it.’ He probably won’t. At 20 yards, you’ll offer a similar prayer. He still won’t remove the wall. At 5 yards, you pray and the wall remains. The Lord expects us to touch our nose to the wall and press forward with all our might. When you feel as if your nose is going to break, pray with faith and expect the miracle.”

My dearest Bri, you are so valiant and faithful! You are a beautiful daughter of God and a worthy wife and mother in Zion.

Questions . . . Why? . . . How much longer? . . . come to mortal hearts and minds. As His children navigating our way through mortality such questions are to be expected. We don’t always know the answers. He invites all to come, obey and trust in Him.

We acknowledge many walls that you’ve encountered and seen removed over the past two years. With deep reverence we thank our Heavenly Father with broken hearts and contrite spirits for the miracles you’ve experienced and that we’ve witnessed at His hand. Yet, walls remain.

At times, life feels like one’s about to win a game of checkers and just when we feel the game (trial) is nearly over, someone adds more squares to the game board – it seems unfair. From my perspective, it seems as if you’ve had to make more than your fair share of moves and jumps.

I know you find yourself with your nose pressing against a wall. Continue in faith and expect the miracle. Promises, blessings and relationships detailed in your patriarchal blessing remain unchanged. God remains your friend. He takes you by the hand and will not forsake you.

I love and admire Eric! What faith and trust he exhibits as he’s often required to leave your side to travel long distances to sell a product he never knew before, to dr.s he never met before, in facilities he never visited before. Yet he goes and does that which is required to provide for you and the kids. I’m humbled that he goes forward, trusting all will be well with you in the care of Mom and our Heavenly Father. What a wonderful example, husband and father!

Attending angels continue to be with you –

Eric, Mom, other family members and friends, compassionate men and women here on earth.

Please know that Grandpa Boulter and so many friends and family on the other side of the veil work and plead with the Father in your behalf - great-grandmothers, grandfathers and other friends and family that have passed.

I’m so grateful Mom and Serena are with you today. The love your brother and sisters feel for you is pure and abundant beyond description. Your mother is an angel! How blessed we all are to have her in our lives. Knowing she is with you, Eric and the kids is an incomparable blessing for her and me. When I contemplate the infinite love of our Heavenly parents, I immediately think of Mom. What a saint . . . truly a queen and goddess! Oh, if you could fully comprehend the place you hold in her prayers.

Although I can’t be with you at this time, as your father, through this written message I feel impressed to extend unto you a blessing. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I bless you that all walls will be removed – that blessings received at the hands of worthy men of God and pronounced by divine revelation from the Holy Ghost since the beginning of this trial will yet come to pass – the miracle continues.

The Mesa temple reopens after two weeks of scheduled maintenance on Tues. morning, (Oct. 12). I’ll be there bright and early in the morning. You, Eric, Mom and the kids will be with me.

I don’t feel I can say it enough . . . you’re always in my heart, thoughts and prayers. I humbly and fervently pray for the miracle of healing to come into your life today.

I love you,

Dad

Be believing!

No comments: